Many iOS users don’t know how to play iOS games on their personal computer or record their iOS device screen video for tutorial purposes or use your iOS device as a projector for presentation purposes or use it to stream videos on a bigger screen for rich user experience. Today, I will show you how to mirror your iPhone or iPad’s screen and project it on your personal computer. This tutorial is tried and tested on Windows 7.
Summary of Contents
Play iPhone/iPad Games on PC
Things you need to mirror your iOS Screen
- Wi-Fi, Lan or ad-hoc network for operation.
- iPad, iPhone (3GS or later) or iPod touch (second generation or later) running the latest iOS software. Note: Mirroring is only available from iPad 2nd gen or newer, iPad mini, iPod touch 5+, iPhone 4s
- Mac running OS X Snow Leopard / Lion / Mountain Lion / Mavericks or Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
- Internet connection for activation.
First you need to Download and Install AirServer.
- Make sure that you either have iTunes or Bonjour print services installed on your PC:
- To improve video streaming over AirPlay compatibility, install iTunes, QuickTime, LAV Filters, Haali Media Splitter and FFDShow Tryout.
- If using an additional 3rd party firewall on your PC, make sure that AirServer.exe is allowed to receive network connections. [Very Important]
- Your iOS device and the PC must be on the same network.
You can try various plans depending on your need or simply try it for free for seven days.
Now comes the installation part. Follow these steps to install, activate and successfully run AirServer on your computer.
When you click on the file after downloading the software, you will see this window, simply click Next
Tick the Blank Box to Accept Terms and Conditions and then click Next
Click on the appropriate radio boxes as per your need.
Select the directory and folder wherein you wanna install Airserver
Click “Install” to begin the installation
Click Finish to Launch Airserver
After Launching Airserver, you will be asked for Airserver Activation Code
To get activation code, click try/buy as per your need
If you click Try, you will see a registration form like this. Simply fill the form and click Request Activation.
You will receive an email from the Airserver Team to confirm your email address by clicking the link.
After you click the link, you will get the activation code which you have to paste here and then click Next
After clicking Next, the activation code will be checked for validity and then click Finish to complete activating Airserver. The installation and activation part is done. Now open Airserver and follow the above activation step everytime you open it.
Airserver is successfully configured and ready to run.You will see Airplay option enabled on your iOS device once Airserver starts running by sliding your finger starting from the bottom in the upward direction. Select your PC which enables mirroring option and slide right for the mirroring option to switch on mirroring.
After following all these steps, your iOS device screen will be mirrored or shown on your computer screen. If nothing shows up on the screen, you have to disable or switch-off your 3rd party Anti-Virus Firewall.
You can now play all your iOS games on your computer
Or record videos with any screen recording software on your pc or simply show presentations from powerpoint.
I discovered that we can create a Cool Inception Effect of our computer by clicking an image of our computer at a distance greater than 30 cms
If you have any problems related to AirServer Installation, let me know by leaving a comment below and please share this tutorial with your friends if you found it useful.