The Social Media and the Internet at large has brought the world closer, unless you live under a rock. It is possible to make Free International Calls from iPhone and iPad. You don’t even need to have a Matrix Sim Card to get low call rates while roaming outside your country on a tour.
Summary of Contents
How to Make Free International Calls from iPhone and iPad?
There are plenty of apps which can help you to make international calls for free from your iPhone and iPad and help you to stay in touch with your foreign friends and relatives. Below, I have listed out some fantastic apps that can help you to call international numbers for free from your iPhone and iPad:
1) Call2Friends Free International Mobile Phone and Landline Calling
I must say Call2Friends is the best website to make International Calls to any mobile phone or landline in the world. I have tried and tested international calling on this website and it works perfect.The best part about Call2Friends website is that you don’t have to register, signup or earn free credits by downloading unrelated apps and we can also call landline numbers if we know the country code and the number properly.Bookmark this useful website as it can help you in emergency situations.
OoVoo is the best alternative to Skype, considering the audio and video quality. I have used it and is my personal favorite over skype when it comes to International Calling.
With ooVoo you can make free, high-quality video calls, voice calls, and send text messages to easily connect with your friends and family. Make clear and crisp video calls with up to 12 people at a time, on any device. Try it now!
App Store Description:
• Free Video Calls—1×1 or group video calls with up to 12 people at a time with integrated one-touch calling to easily move from a chat to video call. Change group name and picture. All for free.
• Free Text Messaging—Robust, in-app instant messaging to send text, pictures and videos, even during a call. Awesome indeed.
• Free Voice Calls—Talk to friends and family right next door or across the world for as long as you like.
•Address Book, Facebook & Whatsapp Integration – Easily invite all your friends to ooVoo by connecting with your Address Book, and Facebook and Whatsapp accounts.
• SuperClear™—Our patented technology, SuperClear™ automatically detects and adjusts for connection speed, which means less dropped calls on the same connection as other video chat apps.
• Superior Audio – Echo cancellation for crystal-clear audio.
•ooVoo works on any type of network – clear and crisp video chat, phone, and text over 4G, 3G, LTE and WiFi without increasing data consumption.
• ooVoo Everywhere – ooVoo is cross-platform so you can talk to all your friends anytime and anywhere. Always.
3) Facetime Audio
When we are talking of free international and local calling, how can we forget Face Time Audio provided by Apple? We can easily make calls to any iPhone or iPad user using Facetime.
The only limitation is that we can’t call anyone having an Android, Windows or Tizen O.S Phone. I hope people don’t expect a download link for Facetime Audio.
4) HiTalk – Free international and local calling & texting
App Store Description:
Make and send FREE local and international phone calls and multimediamessages via HiTalk. Enjoy live walkie-talkie, photo, location sharing, and a variety of fun stickers with friends. HiTalk is equipped with unique technology that supports HD quality sound you never experienced in traditional calls with any carrier. Crystal clear phone calls, even in noisy environments. No need to shout any more. This is the new-generation instant communication app that saves both your moneyand your throat.
Stop paying hefty phone bills. Use HiTalk and enjoy all the services free of charge! This app instructs you install irrelevant apps to gain free credits, so you might wanna give this app a miss.
– FREE international/local calls and texts
– Perfect call quality
– Live walkie-talkie with friends
– Multimedia messages, including: photos, stickers, and location sharing
Download for free, and maintain a friendship that lasts.
5) Facebook Messenger
If you have international friends and if they are your friends on Facebook, then you can call them via Facebook.
You won’t be charged a single penny for calling from Facebook. You can talk endlessly for free with your international facebook friends for free using Facebook Messenger.
App Store Description:
Say “hello” to the new Skype for iPhone.
Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips.
Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
Informative and Helpful: How to Send iPhone and iPad Files to Android Phone, Windows Phone and PC?
•Find all your friends and family in an instant – With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
•Talk with your fingers – No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
•Call your world from Skype – Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
•Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too – Keep in touch, even ifthey’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps – Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere – Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
App Store Description:
With Viber, everyone in the world can connect. Freely. More than 516 million Viber users text, make HD-quality phone and video calls, and send photo and video messages worldwide over Wifi or 3G – for free.*
Viber Out can be used to make calls to non-Viber mobile and landline numbers at low rates. Viber is available for many smartphones and platforms.
On Viber, your phone number is your ID. The app syncs with your mobile contact list, automatically detecting which of your contacts have Viber.
• Text with your friends
• Make free phone and video calls with HD sound quality
• Share photos, video messages, voice messages, locations, stickers and emoticons
• Create group messages with up to 100 participants
• Follow Public Chats – get on the inside with your favorite personalities; watch their conversations unfold in real-time, ‘like’ comments and share multi-media content
• Play games with Viber characters, Violet and Legcat. See how many coins you can earn
• Download stickers from the Sticker Market. Sort and reorder your stickers.
• Push notifications guarantee that you never miss a message or call, even when Viber is off
• Integration with native contact list for calls and messages
• Support for the Viber Desktop application on Windows and Mac
Localized to: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (SP), Chinese (TR), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Portuguese (PT), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese Viber is completely free with no advertising.
If you use Call2Friends website and most of these apps mentioned here for Free International Calling from iPhone and iPad, then you seriously don’t need any other apps. I hope this tutorial helps you to connect with your friends, relatives and dear ones.