Yes, you have heard it right. You can easily send/transfer iOS (iPhone and iPad) files (Images, Videos, Music) to any Android or Windows Powered Mobile Phone and Tablet. You can also easily receive files on your iPhone and iPad from any Android or Windows Powered Devices.
Some years back, it was only possible to send files from iOS to another iOS Device. And iOS users hated the fact that there was no cross-platform file transfer. But not any more.
Plenty of Apps have popped-up on both the App Store, Google Play and Windows Store which easily allow any users to transfer/receive files to/from various cross-platform devices.
Before I reveal the names and links of the useful apps, I would like to inform you that you need to have the apps installed on both the devices that are used to send and receive the files. Also, you can send your files to PC from any iOS, Android and Windows powered smartphone and vice-versa.
Life becomes easy when you come across these apps and thanks to the app developers who have created such useful apps. Below, I have listed all the apps that can be used for cross platform transfer between iOS, Android and Windows powered devices.
These apps are tried and tested. If you are having trouble with these apps, contact me or comment below.
1) Xender – Share & File Transfer
Xender is the world’s fastest and most reliable phone to phone file transfer and sharing app for iPhones! No need for cables, works without WLAN, free of data usage! Download now!
- Supports multiple file types – contacts, pictures, music, videos and documents!
- Extremely fast (up to 50 times the speed of Bluetooth) – imagine sending your party video to friends in seconds!
- Group sharing is supported for up to 5 devices at the same time! And
you can both send and receive without re-establishing connection!
- Supports cross platform transfer and sharing between iOS and other platform devices.
- “Phone Replicate”, a feature that makes it so easy when you change your phone. By using this feature you can select to replicate all your contacts and pictures from your existing phone to new phone in just a few simple clicks.
- By using the “Invite” function, you can easily share and install Xender to your friends.
- Xender is available in English and Simplified Chinese by changing the language setting for your phone.
For connecting to PC:
How To Transfer/Receive iOS Files to/from Android devices using Xender?
Follow the step-by-step guide to transfer/receive iOS Files to/from Android/Windows devices.
1) Download and Install Xender App on both iOS and Android/Windows Devices.
2) Open Xender app in Android/Windows phone first.
3) When you open Xender, you will see “Connect Phone” option at the bottom of the screen.
4) Tap “Connect Phone” option which will display another screen where you will see “Connect iPhone” option at the bottom left side of the screen.
5) When you tap “Connect iPhone”, you will see a Wi-Fi Radio symbol at the top of your Android device Screen. On the main screen, you will see step-wise instructions to connect your android device to iOS. Now, you need to go to the Settings option on your iOS Device Home Screen. Then Tap “WLAN” option. After 1-2 seconds, you will see a network by some weird name “ADYYTWljcm9tYXg”. Please tap on that network name.
6) Once you tap on that network name, you will see “Connection Successful” message. Now just long press on any image file, music file or video file on any iOS or Android Device and you will see “Send” option on the device from which you are sending.
The beauty of this app is that you can also transfer music, music videos and movies from any iOS device to another iOS device. Previously, it was only possible to send only image files from one iOS device to another.
There are two apps that are similar to Xender: Shareit and Zapya. Zapya is similar to Xender. And Shareit is very simple to use.
Apps Similar to Xender:
2) Shareit – The fastest cross-platform transfer tool
- Share everything with other devices – pictures, videos, music files, documents, contacts, all kinds of files.
- Devices with SHAREit can automatically find each other when in range.
- Transfer HUGE files and videos in seconds… up to 40x faster than Bluetooth®.
- Share without the need for Bluetooth, you don’t pay a cent for network charges. Devices may wirelessly connect directly.
For PC transfer, I would personally recommend Shareit. To transfer files using Shareit, press “Send” on the sending device and press “Receive” on the receiving device.
Don’t forget to connect to the same WLAN network, otherwise files won’t get transferred and you will end up cursing the app instead of realizing your mistake.
3) Zapya – Best File Transfer Tool
Zapya is a fast mobile transfer tool on iOS and other mobile OS. It is a popular mobile content sharing software released in 2012.
What do you do if you are outdoor and find too slow to share new photos? Now that there is Zapya, all worries can rest assured.
Achieve transfer of massive data between mobile devices. Using Zapya, you can share with friends the contents on your mobile devices including funny pictures and personal photos.
Reach 5MB/second of maximum transfer speed. Fast speed and long distance during transfer. 1 minute of time may allow you to transfer 120 pictures.
No mobile data incurred. You only need to join the same wlan network. Mobile data will not be used while sharing content among friends in WLAN or joining a HotSpot network
Support file transfer using MultiPeer connectivity (which is the same as Air Drop) now, sharing everywhere! Supports group transfer.
You can be part of a group of a maximum of 5 people to do single transfer or group transfer. Simple operation, must-have app.
For now, Zapya is not available on Windows Store. But, it is available for PC.
You should download all these apps just for trial and keep only those that are more useful according to your needs. According to me, these are the best apps for cross-platform transfer. If you have more information about similar apps, kindly let me know in the comment section.