If you are an Apple iPhone and iPad user, you must have come across situations where you need to record a game or show your friend how a particular process is done on your iPhone and iPad, but you are clueless as to “How to Record iPhone and iPad Screen without Jailbreak?“. Well not any more.
You might be wondering how it is possible to record screen of iPhone and iPad especially if it is not jailbroken because there are no such apps available on the App Store that can help a user to record their iOS device screen.
Yes, you are right because Apple doesn’t allow such apps on the App Store. But, that doesn’t stop smart App Developers from making one. There is one app not on the App Store, but on the Internet waiting for you to extend the screen recording capability of your iPhone and iPad.
First, I would like to tell you the names of the apps that are available for both jailbroken and non-jailbroken iPhone and iPad.
For non-jailbroken iPhone and iPad, the name of the screen recording app is iRec and xRec. For jailbroken iPhone and iPad, the name of the app is Shou and RecordMyScreen which are available at the BigBoss repo in Cydia.
How to Record iPhone and iPad Screen [No Jailbreak] ?
Screen Recording App Features:
- High resolution screen recording up to 1080P @ 60FPS.
- Unique and high quality stereo internal system sound recording.
- Screen mirroring with a web browser, and Apple AirPlay.
- Live stream to https://shou.tv from any Android or iOS mobile device.
2) On Shou website, just tap on the Apple icon to download the App for your iOS device. It won’t download the app immediately after the tap. It will tell you to install from another website Emu4iOS where you will download the app called “Emu4iOS Store”. In this app, you will find two screen recording apps: Shou and iRec Beta. See the screenshot below:
Note: Sometimes you may get error message like “Unable To Download this App” or “This app cannot be downloaded at this time”. But, don’t worry, keep trying it after some time or some day and I am sure you will be eventually successful in downloading the app.
3) To download xRec, just go to pgyer website and install xRec app. It’s that simple.
4) Tap “Start Broadcasting” to start recording your iPhone and iPad screen in Shou. When you exit Shou from Home Button or using four finger gesture, you can start recording your iPhone and iPad Screen. See screenshot below:
5) Tap “Play” Button to record your video on iPhone and iPad. When you exit xRec from Home Button or using four finger gesture, you can start recording your iPhone and iPad Screen. See screenshot below:
How to Record Screen of Jailbroken iPhone and iPad?
You can not only record videos on your iPhone and iPad using these screen recording apps, but you can also record your voice while recording the video.
And if you want to record what you are browsing on the web or want to show your friend a tutorial on how to register on a particular website or whatever it is related to your online browsing activity, then Download Web Recording Tool which is available on the App Store.
Web Recording Tool App Description:
Get ready to impress and be impressed, with this first of a kind app that is not only extra original but super useful too!
Looking for the best way to explain or show someone how to navigate a specific area of the Internet but don’t have the words for it? Show it with a video!
Tutorials have never been this easy to create and share! And even better with only ONE device! Sounds too good to be true!? It is!
Just start browsing with our app and decide when and what you’d wish to record: as simple as that! With the amazing highlight feature you can show in the video the exact words or area you want to show!
Not only does it record what you are seeing but it also gives you the option to record what you are saying! Amazing!
Save your videos automatically and name them either by date or any other unique name for easy future access!
Sharing and uploading has never been this easy; as soon as you finish recording choose from the multiple options: send it via email, upload to Dropbox or share it on Facebook… Automatically! What are you waiting for?
You don’t need to go grab your camera or use your device to record your computer’s screen! Start and recording with only one device ASAP!